Sunday, March 3, 2013

Update: Trying to perfect vegan baking and cooking


So recently I decided I needed to perfect my vegan baking skills. I learned how to make a lot of vegan baking recipes in the beginning of my journey but that was when I could consume wheat and soy without getting sick. Now, its like I have to learn baking all over again. Being a vegan who can not consume wheat/gluten, soy, corn, certain veggies and certain legumes, cooking is a challenge. I need to talk to a dietitian.

Gluten and Soy free vegan baking has become an obsession of mine this past week. I will get this down pack and come out with a banging cookbook before this year is out. Anyway I have been trying to perfect a gluten,soy, and corn free vegan cup cake. I'm almost there. Cooking vegan with all my limitations is actually a lot of fun. This is the total opposite of how I felt last year when I could no longer eat wheat, soy, and corn. I come up with so many spur of the moment recipes when I am cooking for myself. My imagination runs wild. Creating and recreating yummy dishes that I think of or get inspired by from pin interest. Here are some of the things I made last week.





Strawberry pancakes with banana ice cream





Gf Sf Vegan cupcake with avocado icing and strawberry pecans toppings





Yummy Walnut butter rice balls

Recipes soon to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment