Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Listen to your body. Eat what you can digest.

I was told this over and over by my dad, mom, and doctor. Listen to you body and eat what you can digest. I was confused and upset by how my body was responding to foods I know I should not be eating. I was able to tolerate the consequences at one point. A little gas or indigestion never really bothered me that much. Neither did the sluggish tired feeling I would get after eating a plate full of fats, carbs, and proteins. We even gave it a name. The "itis."  I think a lot of us just go on about our business eating this and that without really paying attention to how we feel after a meal. As a matter of fact, I can now tell after a couple of bites if a food is going to be a problem. I have gotten so sensitive to certain foods. Its amazing. Maybe I am just in tuned with my body. I have trained myself to pay attention to me and how I feel after I eat. Food diaries are amazing. I credit the habit of using them to how I have grown in this area. Most of us eat unconsciously. We eat foods because it tastes good or it makes us feel good emotionally instead of for nutriant purposes. Chocolate used to make me feel good but now it makes me sick. Literally. I get nauseas after a few minutes of taking a couple of bites. I blame this odd situation on genetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment